I believe everyone has an untapped well of creativity. After almost two decades as a Lonely Planet author, startup director and co-founder, journalist and humorist, I’m turning my sights towards teaching people the key to opening their own well. I don’t teach writing as much as I teach getting rid of the barriers that hold you back from writing. To do that, I write books about creativity, lead workshops, coach one-to-one, and consult for nonprofits and startups. During the school year, I also teach kids in a psychiatric hospital how to find their voice through writing.
• MJ (masters of journalism) from UC Berkeley
• Three dozen books and counting for Lonely Planet (Italy, Tuscany & Umbria, Discover California, Experience USA, etc), most recently focusing on the psychology of travel: Explore Every Day, Happy and Calm
• Editorial Director in Silicon Valley (Gogobot, 2010-2013)
• Co-Founder and Executive Editorial Director in London (Firefly, 2013-2014)
• Series editor for The Guardian; contributed to USA Today, BBC Travel, Independent Weekly, etc
•Trump’s America: Buy This Book and Mexico Will Pay For It, edited by Scott Dikkers of The Onion
• Led travel writing competitions for Lonely Planet (Marrakech, Shanghai) and World Nomads (Berlin)