What is Creative Coaching?
You want to be more creative, but there’s all that noise — inner critic, exterior demands, tangible barriers — that compete for your focus, time and energy. Creative coaching can help you put that aside for just long enough to tap into that magic place where your creativity trumps the noise.
• I’ve developed over 100 thought-provoking exercises I tailor to each client, and will assign you fun ‘homework’ after each session, depending on your workload bandwidth.
• The methodology comes from research into psychology, neuroscience, quantified self, humor and trauma studies (because creativity is both, right?), and my background as a journalist, international guidebook author, startup director, and terrible improv performer.
• You’ll create a Creativity Notebook for these exercises, which you are very much encouraged to keep (and add to!) forever and ever. This is where the magic happens.
• You get two free bonus mini-months, as I’ll give you exercises in our sample session and in a final 10-minute email or phone check-in your last month.
Time Commitment: One Semester
• We’ll work together for one ‘semester,’ as our brains instinctively remember how to commit to 3-4 months of a new rewarding (and challenging) creative endeavor.
• Previous clients can come back for shorter refreshers any time.
• Each session is ~ 55 minutes (45 minutes, plus a wrap-up for exercises and logistics).
Would you like your organization, company, classroom or team to learn how to think more creatively or find their voice? Click below.
Initial Sample Session
Contact me for a 15- to 20-minute phone call to see if we’re a fit.
My superpower is helping you get rid of the barriers holding you back from finding, developing or strengthening your voice and finding your superpower.
- Standard rates start at $200/month, for a minimum of 3 months.
- Sliding scale available. I’ve been there, man.
Ask questions and expect answers filled with encouragement, insight, and loads of first-hand knowledge. … Listening to and learning from her experiences as a Lonely Planet author and writer gave me the motivation to kickstart my own career.
Alex is an outrageous and brilliant coach and consultant, and she made my work a lot of fun, too. She’s quick and to the point and intuitively asks the right questions. I give her the highest recommendation, and I am really picky!
Through her mix of wacky exercises, mind-expanding lists, and good old-fashioned support/accountability, she got me to actually complete a project. Her work is for those willing to go deep and deal with the uncomfortable, in order to clear the way for productive writing and/or creative work.
Are you stuck on your memoir, travelogue, or novel? I’ve developed a unique and unconventional method to help writers break through the barriers holding them back through a combination of writing coaching and early-stage developmental editing.